Thursday, May 19, 2016
Mr. Jeremy Koosed Owner, Plant Kingdom Snackery. Health Advocate for Ohio for Omega3 in Agriculture and Omega Fats Action Network, ActonFATS.com
RE: Omega3s, Healthy fat-balance ratio recommendations, & whole-plant medical marijuana needed as healing imperatives.
[Doc with Clickable links: http://bit.ly/1YH75lR)
Dear Mental Health Board directors,
Hello from your friend in Health promotion, Jeremy Koosed. I'm reaching out because my company has protein-rich hemp seeds, from Canadian harvest, we would like to graciously offer to donate to mental health service centers/agencies in your area, as a bridge-building health encouragement gesture, and opportunity for environmental education. I need to make charitable donations with them and we'd like to overcome stigma related to Industrial Hemp because it's a lot healthier than stuff thats giving people cancer and Heart attacks. See Attached images for product detail we have for use Salads, pancakes, muffins, healthier breakfasts, veggie burger patties.
Another primary reason for writing is because anti-drug stances of Mental Health Boards and Behavioral Health associations have retarded progress on furnishing medical cannabis to patients, perpetrating a disservice to a public interested in ALL THE HEALING. This open letter is my plea FOR natural healing & justice related to Medical Marijuana and FOR an ecological response to omega3 deficiency.
It's understood that you have a duty to protect addicts who don't want to be triggered, to stop kids from abusing drugs, people from abusing medication, etc. It is not our intention as healing advocates to encourage impressionable youth to smoke weed or stifle your important work in opiate response and addiction recovery. In our civil dealings, please do not insinuate that medical marijuana programs are a slippery slope. To trivialize the utility of this plant is an egregious insult to the sick and disabled who should not be further impaired thru inadequate access to their medicine. As an advocate interested in engaging many health topics with the general public, including cannabis healing in all forms and formats, we reject being scapegoated as contributing to social-ills related to drug use. We'd like swift passage of Medical Marijuana so that health-activists don't have to be so stressed! Because we're the ones responding to disaster everywhere!! Your enthusiasm for prevention and helping addicts recovery will not be hindered by allying with us to support Whole-Herb Medical Cannabis safe-access. It’s LEGIT. It checks out, so stop worrying!
I understand your duty to protect addicts who don't want to be triggered, to stop kids from abusing drugs, people from abusing medication, etc. It is not our intention as healing advocates to encourage impressionable youth to smoke weed or stifle your important work in opiate response and addiction recovery. In our civil dealings, please do not insinuate that medical marijuana programs are a slippery slope. To trivialize the utility of this plant is an egregious insult to the sick and disabled who should not be further impaired thru inadequate access to their medicine. As a advocate interested in engaging many health topics with the general public, including cannabis healing in all forms and formats, we reject being scapegoated as contributing to social-ills related to drug use. Your enthusiasm for prevention and helping addicts recovery will not be hindered by supporting Whole-Herb Medical Cannabis safe-access now. It’s LEGIT. It checks out, so stop worrying!
Inhibiting access to medical marijuana by responsible users is a human rights abuse and antithetical to your commitment to mental health because Cannabinoids protects neurological systems. CBD extracts and Omega3 seed-oil from Hemp support mental focus and good-mood, for behavioral health against ADHD and depression symptoms.
Please do not remain on the sidelines or opposed to medical marijuana when the opiate OD Death epidemic and meth crisis are claiming lives. Marijuana is safer than alcohol and Medical cannabis can sufficiently supplant a proportion of opiate pain medicines being prescribed. Support justice in pain management so both opiates and medical cannabis can be in someones urine without adding insult to their injury by kicking people off pain management.
Please 1) Endorse a moratorium on kicking any of our fellow humans off pain management for having THC in their system. 2) Endorse CARERS act that's US Senators and Representatives can co-sponsor to reschedule Marijuana to Schedule II. That’s S683 in the Senate & HR1538 in the US House
3) Please write Governor Kasich to request his attention to this healing-justice safe-access emergency and encourage him to arrange for an allotment of Marijuana to be brought in from Michigan for use by Ohio patients.
Should you refute the need for whole plant medical marijuana, we will have no choice but to launch protests on your offices to expose your opposition to health policy that has popular support.
THANK YOU!!!! Now that our appeal for medical cannabis is clear, Now please read the suggestions below regarding brain-supportive nutritional wellness!
Fatty Acid Balance and brain-supportive nutrition are essential now, So How can Mental Health Boards help?
Omega3s wellness advocates with #ActOnFATS have concentrated efforts at the Cuyahoga ADAMHS board. For several months since July 2015, Jeremy Koosed has presented on the pertinence of healthy fat balance promotions-strategy. We’ve appealed for support and brain-supportive menu leadership. Please review our blog at www.actonfats.com and “give a presentation” section under the brain-supportive campaigns tab to reference much more related to healthy fats in healthy policy.
Dr Sabet, Clinician for the Cuyahoga ADAMHS board left me a message that they told their patients about omega3s but offered no guidance on favorable fat balance ratio recommendations to institute in cafeterias, nor did he offer a brainfood reminder plan for the general public. Absent commitments in these regard, we will continue to organize health advocates to keep pressure on your offices to stop over-medicating our waterways for ADHD and Depression disorder symptoms that can improve when healthy fat intake favors fluid cell membrane connectivity for mental clarity.
With all we have discovered regarding the Essential nature of Omega-3s, it's irresponsible NOT to act. Don't look away from the nutritional needs. Don't look away from the irony that there's no omega3 sources or education on the menus served in psych wards.
OFAN stands for specific fat-balance strategies that research shows will be productive. Several outlined here provide ample framework of what can be done to help protect our cell membranes and help families recover from mental/mood disorders. It's up to us to make it possible.
1) Recommend Food Services change Menus in institutional environments like Jails and Hospitals, to reflect need to fat-balance with adequate Omega3s! That means Less Industrial-Meat, Less dairy, and less GMO junk vegetable oils in processed foods, more feel good, whole-food-plant-foods. Replace at least a proportion of bad fats with low-fat, high fiber dishes, balanced fat sources, and Omega-3 sources. We call for a plant response to address Omega-3 deficiency without overfishing, but realize each institution will arrive at a response that's right for them. PETITION FOR MENU CHANGE HERE http://chn.ge/1Nww2uf
2) Co-sponsor some omega-3 education in the psych wards, availability of recipes and/or foodstuffs with omega-3 at Mental Health drop in centers. Brainfood reminding canvass service days in the inner cities with the food policy groups. Access initiatives promote produce in the food deserts. Similarly, “We carry omega3" decals for merchants can be part of establishing "fats hubs" where people can get Omega-3s.
3) Radio PSAs, Postcards, Posters, Billboards, Ads on Transit systems, in bus terminals etc. See our Open Letter to Food Policy groups at http://bit.ly/1JG0T91
4) Help improve nutritional wellness for police officers, fireman, and public service employees with high-stress jobs. Get Brainfood Break curriculum & fat balance coaching going in conjunction with Police Reform. That means brain support as well as cardiac benefits. OFAN suggests opportunities for preventative health measures! Take the initiative to overtly intervene on Peace Officers where they may be experiencing fat imbalance scenarios that could impair judgment. See Police Reform PETITION http://chn.ge/1GBJlKG
5) Work with Nutritionist researchers and Enrich Act Sponsors to update Psych Drs to be recommending fat balance in conjunction with Mental Health recovery treatments (for ADHD and Depression, and many more). Reduce Pharmacy drug residues in the water, take responsibility for the over-medicating going on in your profession!
6) Come up with Omega-3 education ditto for the Public school systems.
7) Support Brainfood potlucks, cooking instruction for Omega-3 rich foods with the Hunger agencies, brainfood info out to pantries. Start your own bank of recipes.
8) Endorse the Hemp Farming Act, to grow more Omega-3s as part of a suite of Comprehensive brain-supportive policies setting forth to recover from neurotoxins, mental health disorders, and other health hazards posed by traditional (chemical dependent) farming practices. See the CDC ADHD Maps for Diagnosis rates (http://1.usa.gov/1d4KwBE) And the USDA review of Omega-3s for efficacy in combating psychosis the 2015 Dietary Guidelines report (http://1.usa.gov/1EXPN9X ) and tell us we don't need more Omega-3s growing in all 50 states with the Hemp farming act.
9) Unleash as many specialized Omega-3 enrichment strategies as we can! Opposed Trans fats. Support favorable fat balance promotion by restaurants