This pollutants-list was generated off the top of my head at first, without consulting the California EPA hazards-list or American Cancer Society. When I catch wind of a hazard, I come here to list it, if they seem pervasive enough to really warrant concern.
I hope this compilation will help you focus on issues of redeeming social importance, learn to pronounce new words for holding intellectual conversations, come up with enviro rap songs, gain deeper understanding of how to defend collective wellbeing.
Herein lies great reasons to eat clean, live simply, go organic and low-impact!!!
IT IS DEPRESSING and UPSETTING, but that's why we'll be blogging for GOOD THINGS Soon as well! MLK is Gracing this blog with his reminders not to be silent, not about the things that matter. It's Better to say something in these life and death matters!
3. Antibiotic resistant bacteria From animal poop
5. Chlorine gas
6. Chromium carcinogen in H20 (Erin Brokovich issue)
7. CO2 greenhouse gas
8. polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) Flame Retardants
9. Coal Ash Waste (Carcinogenic dust made awful Brazilian Deadzone!)
10 Carbon Monoxide
11. Dirty Diesel particulate & Idle engines
12. depleted uranium
14. Dicamba Herbicide
15. Fluoride in tap-water
16. Round up Herbicide Gylphosate
17. Ground Level ozone
19. Household Radon Lung Cancer
20. Hexene petrol solvent in food processing
22. MTBE gasoline additive
25. Teflon (PFOA/PFAS)
26. Processed meats cancer hazard 23. BPA Can liner
24. Mercury & Methylmercury from fish + amalgam dental fillings
27. Frack waste fluid & Waste Brine Used in Road Deicer Containing radioactive TENORMS!!)
28. Manure/ phosphorus runoff
29. food waste/solid waste in general
30. Marine micro-plastic
31. LEAD as found in DUST, Jet Fuel, Paint chips, & Mittal Steel emissions
32. Oil Spills and faulty clean up protocols ie corexit used in Gulf BP horizon spill
33. Pharma Drug Residues Such As Methadone creating Known Carcinogen NDMA
34. Land mines (Such as in LAOS)
35. Chemical weapons anthrax & Sarin Gas
36. nitrogenous fertilizer runoff
37. NeoNic pesticides killing bees
38. NO2 & SO2 Air pollutaion
39. phthalates a petrol derivative
40. Asbestos which is in talc in J & J baby powder
41. Methane greenhouse gas (Natural Gas, Landfill and CAFO sources!)
42. Chlorpyrifos, Malathion & organophosphate class of pesticides
43. MSG & Aspartame & Artificial flavors/colors in processed foods
44. Acid mine drainage from coal
45. Legacy of DDT
46. Hormones (allergens found in dairy & in meat from fear at slaughter)
47. Sugar & Soda Acid-forming food making cancer grow
50. Tobacco 2nd Hand Smokeless and Smoked.
51. Discharges from slaughterhouses, a point source of toxic surface water pollution such as Hydrogen Sulfide
52. GMO BT-toxin CORN.
54. Bovine growth hormone (rBGH)
55. EMF-Ray pollution from WiFi and Cell-towers
56. Ethoxyquin (monsanto pollutant added to fish feed pellets)
57. Tar Sands energy development: polluting habitat killer
58) Border wall construction killing wildlife refuges #SaveSantaAna
59) sulfoxaflor - bee killing pesticide used on 16M acres of sorghum and cotton in 2018.
60) Fluroquinolone (Cipro) Antibiotic produced by Bayer, causes massive neurotoxicity + psychosis
61 Atrezine Herbicide by Syngenta Now allowed at 1.5 times higher limit in Waterways.
[Click here] for American Cancer society's extremely long list of Known & Probable Carcinogens