This pollutants-list was generated off the top of my head at first, without consulting the California EPA hazards-list or American Cancer Society. When I catch wind of a hazard, I come here to list it, if they seem pervasive enough to really warrant concern.
I hope this compilation will help you focus on issues of redeeming social importance, learn to pronounce new words for holding intellectual conversations, come up with enviro rap songs, gain deeper understanding of how to defend collective wellbeing.
Herein lies great reasons to eat clean, live simply, go organic and low-impact!!!
IT IS DEPRESSING and UPSETTING, but that's why we'll be blogging for GOOD THINGS Soon as well! MLK is Gracing this blog with his reminders not to be silent, not about the things that matter. It's Better to say something in these life and death matters!
1. Arsenic 2. Acetone 3. Antibiotic resistant bacteria From animal poop
4. Benzene 5. Chlorine gas 6. Chromium carcinogen in H20 (Erin Brokovich issue)
7. CO2 greenhouse gas 8. Casein Carcinogen in Dairy
9. Coal Ash Waste (Carcinogenic dust made awful Brazilian Deadzone!)
10 Carbon Monoxide 11. Dirty Diesel particulate & Idle engines
12. depleted uranium 13. Dioxin 14. Dicamba Herbicide
15. Fluoride in tap-water 16. Round up Herbicide Gylphosate
17. Ground Level ozone 18. Fukushima cesium 19. Household Radon Cancer hazard
20. Hexene petrol solvent in food processing 21. PCBs 22. MTBE gasoline additive
25. Teflon (PFOA) 26. Processed meats cancer hazard 23. BPA Can liner
24. Mercury And amalgam dental fillings
27. Frack waste fluid (radioactive!!) 28. Manure/ phosphorus runoff
29. food waste/solid waste in general 30. Marine micro-plastic 31. LEAD
32. Oil Spills and faulty clean up protocols ie corexit used in Gulf BP horizon spill
33. Pharma Drug Residues 34. Land mines (Such as in LAOS)
35. Chemical weapons anthrax & Sarin Gas 36. nitrogenous fertilizer runoff
37. NeoNic pesticides killing bees 38. NO2 & SO2 Air pollutaiont
39. phthalates a petrol derivative
40. Asbestos which is in talc in J & J baby powder
41. Methane greenhouse gas (Natural Gas, Landfill and CAFO sources!)
42. Chlorpyrifos, Malathion & organophosphate class of pesticides
43. MSG & Aspartame & Artificial flavors/colors in processed foods
44. Acid mine drainage from coal 45. Legacy of DDT
46. Hormones (allergenic in dairy & in meat from fear at slaughter)
47. Sugar & Soda Acid-forming food making cancer grow
50. Ciggies & Tobacco
51. Discharges from slaughterhouses, a point source of toxic surface water pollution such as Hydrogen Sulfide
52. GMO BT-toxin CORN sprayed w/ atrazine herbicide
53. chemtrails & geo-engineering
54. Bovine growth hormone (rBGH)
55. EMF-Ray pollution from WiFi and Cell-towers
56. Ethoxyquin (monsanto pollutant added to fish feed pellets)
57. Tar Sands energy development: polluting habitat killer
58) Border wall construction killing wildlife refuges #SaveSantaAna
59) sulfoxaflor - bee killing pesticide used on 16M acres of sorghum and cotton in 2018.
60) Fluroquinolone (Cipro) Antibiotic produced by Bayer, causes massive neurotoxicity + psychosis
[Click here] for American Cancer society's extremely long list of Known & Probable Carcinogens